Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dear Tomato

Dear Tomatoes,

I’m sorry I never liked you before. Maybe I just never had a good tomato and I was too stubborn to try a good one when it came along.

I’m sorry for all the BLT sandwiches I had (hold the “T”). I’m sorry that the first phrase I learned in French class was ‘I hate tomatoes’. I have always been a fan of tomato soup and Ketchup, but that was pretty much it.

I first started to like you on margarita pizzas, cooked Roma tomatoes are amazing. Then I had you on Greek salads, also a win. I don’t know exactly when I accepted you on anything you came on, but after that point I would stop picking you off my food.

I have even bought you in a supermarket and voluntarily put you on my food at home.

Oh my tomato, will you forgive me?

Love, Lucy

P.S. canned tuna fish and creamed corn, this letter does not apply to you. Other people can eat you and like you, just not while I’m in the same room. ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment