Wednesday, August 3, 2011

12 hours

I’m trying to calculate how little sleep I’ve gotten since Tuesday. Well, Tuesday starting in Korea, I’ve had two Tuesdays in a row since flying east.

Starting with Tuesday (the first one) I really only got the minimum since I went to bed at 1:00 AM (I was packing). And the cat woke me up at 4:30 AM to get fed (since Justin was gone). Then I really got out of bed at 9:00 AM or so. So I got two, 4 hour segments of sleep.

Tuesday all day we (Gambit and I) were on the airplane and I couldn’t get any sleep at all. My internal clock was at about 6:00 AM when I finally arrived at the Berkeley house. I took a short nap then got up for dinner. So, let’s say 1 hour. It was still Tuesday.

Then Tuesday night, I should have crashed out and slept forever, but I was up until about midnight again repacking for San Antonio. I was tired but not really sleepy. I finally went to bed at about 1:00 AM and again Gambit woke me up for breakfast at about 4:30 AM. And while I usually would be able to go back to sleep, I just couldn’t. So let’s just round that to about 3 hours.

So the grand total hours of sleep since “Sunday” night (my first Tuesday =Monday) with today being Wednesday is: 12 hours.

I feel it, but I can’t seem to get enough rest. I’m sure the lack of cat-alarm in San Antonio will help. I just hope I don’t sleep my way through my time in Texas.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Wednesday night, I fell asleep within minutes of laying down and Stayed asleep all night, I got a good solid 8 hours. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete