Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation!

Things are getting complicated. By things, I mean vacation. I guess vacations always will be complicated when overseas travel and pets are involved. Unless you have a dedicated house keeper who can run errands for you while you’re out of town for two months, and take care of your cat. (and I’m Not complaining, I’m so happy we get to travel home and see family and friends, and be in the US, it’s going to be awesome).

So the plan as of right now is this:

August 1-14:
Justin and Lucy fly from Korea to SAN ANTONIO. Justin returns to Korea for work (since this leg is on the government’s dime for him and he’ll be in SA for work). Lucy will fly to California for an extended visit.


September 5:
Justin will fly from Korea to CALIFORNIA


September 8-11:
Lucy and Mom will fly to MARYLAND for a wedding. Justin will fly to SAN ANTONIO to visit friends. Both parties return to California.


September 21-29:
Justin and Lucy fly with Rose Mom and Dad on a family vacation to HAWAII to visit brother Nick. All return to California (except for Nick).


October 4:
Justin and Lucy fly back to KOREA and are very broke.
***

That wouldn’t be so complicated in and of itself, considering we’ve been planning all the various parts of the trip and saving money (since January) to get us across the pond and back. BUT enter two factors:

1: we have to pay our rent and bills in person at the bank. So one of us has to be home at the 1st (rent) and 15th (utilities) of the month. OR figure out how to make arraignments otherwise (I’m working on it).

2: we have a cat in Korea (Gambit) that would need to be cat-sat for two months, or he needs to fly with us and stay mostly in California.

2B: I also want to bring my first cat, Teddy (who has been staying in California with my parents) back to Korea so we’d have BOTH cats with us when we eventually end up back at “home” in Korea.

So it’s a whole lot of complicated and involves a lot of who to what airport with which cat and when. But we're both super excited. I haven't been back in the states since January of this year. Justin has only been there briefly on TDY for a few days and before that he hadn't been back in the states since October of last year. So we're really looking forward to spending a longer amount of time back home.

Also, if you want to see me and will be in any of the places at the same time as me, email me so we can get together!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I will def be here in NoVA in Sept. I might be going to SA for a wedding 9-24, but you will be in Hawaii. I will be in Vegas for 1/2 the time you are in SA in August. I prolly couldnt afford to fly down right after. But - I might be able to come out to CA at some point - maybe we could meet up with Allie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to email this but may as well post it: I might be in SA around August 8-15 but that all depends on stuff with my loans. Plus I'm moving July 30! Its just to a one bedroom in the same complex but still. We should totally go to Vegas before Justin gets back to Cali and see Lisa while she's there. Annd you have to come to SD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah, I don't know how much time I'll have while in Maryland, since I'll be there for a wedding weekend, but maybe you can come up to where we are in maryland on that Sunday? I'll let you know closer to the time. Maybe we can work something out with Vegas, any way you can stay there til Lisa, Allie and I come in mid august?

    @Allie, that would Rock if you were in SA the same time as me. And you're moving? I wish I could help :/ maybe there will still be stuff to help with mid August. and Yes, Vegas! And of course I'll come to SD, but I'll probably fly instead of the crazy drive you pulled off. You saved my sanity by driving up though, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete