Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunny Monsoon

It’s been sunny for the past two days. That’s impressive considering it’s monsoon season. The sky is a pretty blue and there are fluffy white clouds. Too bad it’s hot. Like oven hot. But when it’s raining it’s super humid, I wonder if summer is nice anywhere. At least there are no mosquitoes in the city. They were the bane of my summer existence in Texas. Well, they weren’t only around in the summer, they could really pop up any time.

We did have a nice long, cool spring though. I’d never had one of those that I remember. It was really nice. I’m used to the 9 months of humid summer weather in south Texas, with a short break of rainy and slightly cold for about three weeks.

I do kind of miss the overpowering smell of sunscreen and chlorine which was the only relief from the heat and humidity. Justin and I get to go to San Antonio for two weeks (for his work) and I’m fully intending to mooch pool time from our friend.

I've been planning our vacation for months now (and it was a little complicated so it needed lots of planning) but it's hard to believe that it's almost here! Justin flies out a week from today, then I leave Korea two days after (I have to stay to pay rent in person, how dumb is that?). Once I get to the states I won't be back to Korea for 2 whole months.

I feel like I haven't done too much since it's gotten hot and humid, I just don't want to be outside. I Have organized a book club, I am kinda proud of that. It's not a local book club, but it's with all the friend-girls I care about. (Is it just me, or is there no good name for a friend who is a girl. I don't like the term 'girl friend', 'Oh i just went shopping with a girl friend', it just sounds funny. anyway.). But it works out that no one in the book club lives in the same city. I think it's more fun to read a book at the same time as someone else, so you have someone to talk to. So I have done that.

Like I said, not much is going on. We're down to our last fridge food, trying to strike the balance of having enough milk for cereal but not having extra food that I'll just have to throw away before we leave.

I still have to pack, but I've been mentally packing my bag for weeks, so I think I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment