Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cat Vacation

So our Gambit is going to have a comparably complicated summer too. The last minute TDY that Justin got which I'm accompanying him on (to San Antonio) made taking Gambit with me not possible. It was too late to schedule him as a carry-on pet OR a checked pet for my flight.

So in August when I follow Justin to San Antonio, Gambit will have to be pet-sat by my life saver, Ceci (and her husband Wayne), but for less time than she was expecting, which is good. Only... it's going to be earlier than they were expecting him too. I'm hoping they don't mind. But it's only for 2 weeks.

Then Justin will be back in Korea for 3 weeks and will take Gambit back to our place for that stretch of time. Then Justin will take Gambit as a carry-on pet in September when he flies to California. (yay!)

Gambit will stay at the Berkeley house with us the rest of the time we're in Cali, but he's going to have to put up with a variety of family taking care of him. Because Mom and I are going to an out-of-town wedding one weekend; and Justin will be out of town the same weekend. But my Dad is the cat whisper so I'm not worried.

The next stretch of time we'll be gone is when we go to visit Nick for about a week. All four of us are going and it's either one of my busy cousins or my grandfather taking care of them (the cats)... Maybe I'll ask Julia to take care of them, she's responsible and doesn't have too much on her plate right now I think.

THEN I have two carry-on cat spaces reserved for when Justin and I leave in October to go back to Korea. Right now my Mom doesn't want me to take Teddy to Korea and she's hinting that I should leave Gambit with them too. We'll see how the cats get along. But it's complicated.

1 comment:

  1. ***************UPDATE********************

    On a whim I called the airlines back and they DID have room for me to carry Gambit with me in the cabin of the plane. Yay!

    So Gambit's trip got less complicated and he's going straight to California (I'm dropping him off before I head to San Antonio to meet Justin).

    I'm just relived that we get to have Gambit in a good environment and not thinking we abandoned him for the two months while we're gone.

    Plus I'm really looking forward to Gambit meeting Teddy and Jetta. Gambit needs a playmate and I'm hoping they all get along.

    ReplyDelete