Tuesday, January 25, 2011

60 Hours

I've been in my new/old home for just over two weeks. My parents are trying to sort through boxes and make new friends and reconnect with old friends. I've mostly been staring out my window at the inexplicably beautiful view.

One of my best friends, Allie, lives in California too. She drove 8+ hours to come visit me at our new home for a weekend. It was great, I got to be a tourist in my new/old home and drive myself around. There was a time when the only time I was in a car, I was driving it. Now mostly I'm in the backseat feeling like I'm a small child again. Anyway, we had a great weekend and it was a huge relief to have something fun to do.

She left Sunday afternoon and today my family drove to Napa valley to visit my uncle who lives there. I've been feeling like such a bitch since the whole move started. I just can't seem to relax when my parents (and everyone) have to tell you in step-by-step detail how to do the simplest things. It puts me on my last nerve and I snap and am moody. It sucks and I wish I was nicer. I'm not really mean, but I just don't like the way it feels inside when I know I've said something in a tone that was unnecessary.

But my day got better when Justin called, it always does. So we were talking and he pointed out that I was leaving in about 60 hours. My mind went to two places: how great it was going to be to finally see Justin again. And everything I had left to do (!).

I feel like there is a huge to do list and I'm not sure I'll get everything done on it. But I have to be ready to leave when the time comes. It's just crazy for me to think that a) I'm married to someone I haven't seen face-to-face in three months and b) that I'm going to get to see him soon.

I've got a lot to get done and maybe the next time I write, it's going to be from South Korea. wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment